Currently accepting Corporate clients for COVID Testing
Currently accepting Corporate clients for COVID Testing
Meaning of “personal information”
Section 2(1) of PIPEDA states that “personal information” means “information about an identifiable individual”.
Under PIPEDA, personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual.
What information do we collect and for what purpose?
We will only collect personal information that you provide to us and that is necessary for the purposes outlined below. Personal information we may collect includes:
1. Your name, address, email address or phone number if you contact us.
2. Your payment information if you subscribe to our services.
We will use your information for the following purposes:
· To communicate with you
· To provide information to you about our services
· To provide the services you request
· To process your payments
· To respond to questions and provide technical support for any services you use
In order to ensure that your personal information is accurate, we may occasionally ask you to verify or update it.
Please note that emails and other electronic communications may not be secure. It is advisable not to send any sensitive personal information (e.g., address, date of birth, credit card numbers, bank account details, SIN or Health Card numbers etc.) by email.
· URL – the URL of the page the user is viewing
· Title – the title of the page the user is viewing
· Browser name – the browser the user is using
· Viewport or Viewing pane – the size of the browser window
· Screen resolution – the resolution of the user’s screen
· Java enabled – whether or not the user has Java enabled
· Flash version – what version of Flash the user is using
· Language – derived from the language settings of the browser Location
· Location - this is derived from the Internet Protocol (IP) address; however, the IP address itself is not available in GA as it is personally identifiable information (PII) which violates the terms of Google Analytics. We do not have access to or collect your IP address.
When you visit any website, the web server automatically logs your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is used to connect your device to the Internet. However, we do not have access to this information.
This website is powered by GoDaddy. GoDaddy recommends that people refer to the following website about cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org Most browsers allow you to manage or disable cookies. Please check your browser preferences if you wish to do so.
For further information about cookies and privacy issues, please see the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s website here: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-topics/technology/online-privacy-tracking-cookies/cookies/frequently-asked-questions-about-cookies/
Where do we keep your personal information?
We retain any personal information we have mainly electronically and on occasion in hard copy.
How is your personal information secured?
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is secure and protected from loss, theft, unauthorized access, modification, use, copying, or disclosure. Our safeguards include:
· Physical security
o Locked filing cabinets
o Restricted office access and alarm systems
· Technological security
o Passwords and user IDs
o File encryption
o Firewalls and virus scanners
· Administrative controls
o Written security rules
o Staff training
o Access restrictions
o Regular audits to ensure compliance with security policies
o Confidentiality agreements
· Electronic records controls
o Passwords and User IDs to prevent unauthorized access
o Automatic back-up for file recovery to protect records from loss or damage
o Digital audit trail for all records
Who has access to or uses your personal information?
Only authorized staff have access to your information for the purpose of communicating with you, providing information and services, and processing payments. Staff have received appropriate privacy training and will keep all personal information in the strictest confidence.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We will not share your information with any third parties without your consent, except in very limited situations, which are governed by sections 7(3)(d.1) and 7(3)(d.2) of PIPEDA. These sections allow for the disclosure of personal information to another organization for the purpose of investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province, or for the purpose of detecting or supressing fraud.
When is your personal information disposed of?
Any personal information is kept only as long as is necessary.
1) If you decide not to use our COVID-19 testing service, any personal information you have provided to us will be deleted from our records as soon as feasible and, in any event, within 30 days of any request to do so. We will dispose of your records (including electronic records and hard copies) in a secure manner that protects your privacy, including supervised cross-shredding of paper records, and magnetically erasing or overwriting electronic records, in such a way that the information cannot be recovered.
Questions or Complaints
If Entomogen does not address your enquiry or complaint to your satisfaction, you may file a formal complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC). Details regarding complaints to the OPC may be found here: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/report-a-concern/file-a-formal-privacy-complaint/file-a-complaint-about-a-business/
Please note that we will respond to requests for access to your personal information no later than 30 days after your request is made. All access requests must be made in writing. In order to process any access request, you will need to provide enough information to enable us to locate the information and determine how it has been used or disclosed. In order to protect our clients’ privacy, we will need to verify the identity of anyone making an access request.